Welcome Guest | Sunday, September 24, 2017 02:58 PM Printer Friendly Page Printer Friendly Page | Register | Log in  
Who We Are

Related Links

Login

New User? Sign Up!

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Don
Post subject: More races in 2008??  PostPosted: Dec 20, 2007 - 04:42 AM

My wife and I plan to move our sailboat from Red Rock to Rathbun for the 2008 season. We are interested in a more active racing program of some sort. Initially, at least, and maybe permanently, this could be very simple: Set a line and windward and leeward marks, have an audible signal like a whistle or horn at 5 minute and start points, and then race a pre-announced course (e.g. 2 W-L). It would not be necessary to have a committee boat, flags, or even score the participants, although this may evolve to something more formal and traditional including PHRF handicapping if participant numbers and interest level coincide. These races might be scheduled every second weekend at a specific times, excluding weekends when other races were scheduled. Whoever feels like racing that day can show up and race--it only takes two. If others are interested they can post on this form or contract me at dcharnet@gmail.com. We plan to join your club and will use that forum to discuss more in the Spring.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: